Don't take my word for it, listen to these fans of Perky the Pigeon!
For the first time ever, I asked my class to review this great book by Jester Arrow and wow did they enjoy it. Without reading the blurb, they picked up on the moral very quickly about friendship, acceptance, resilience and perseverance. (You can see the children's reviews on Instragram!
I liked how Perky is resilient and keeps trying even when she is met with so many setbacks, how Speckle models how good friends support one another, and the great illustrations.
- Mrs H, Primary School TeacherWOW, we received our book orders and we just LOVE Perky! Such a LOVELY and FUN story with FANTASTIC artwork! My son was surprised to see his name! And, my other sons (much older) gave me a hard time for not sending their names too! I will be waiting for your next publication! CONGRATULATIONS and thank you for letting us be part of the excitement!
- Marie (who's youngest son's name was in Perky's list of thanks due to her pre-order)
The book arrived at school this week and we settled down to read it in class. There was a lovely cover letter with it from Jester Arrow that the children really enjoyed reading too. How important is it for authors to show themselves as real people? And what a sweet story of inclusiveness, resilience and love, cleverly illustrated by Terry Cooper.
- Mrs G, Primary School Teacher
My 9 year old loved this book; he plays guitar and his daddy is a singer so he thought it was "cool." I like that it touches on teamwork and perseverance and has some comedy in the mix too. My littlest enjoyed pointing to Perky on each page and I loved the modern illustrations and the addition of the colouring pages at the end.
- Katie - mum, wife and midwife
Class, we had it every night for bed for the first week and now it's in the regular rotation. We see pigeons and the little ones call them Perky!
- Jack, father of a little boy and little girl